WHAT WE DO
Sheffield City Trust was the first leisure trust formed in the UK. Since 1987 we've led to the way with an unrivalled mix of sport, leisure and entertainment venues to become The Health and Wellbeing Charity.
Everything we do is focused on delivering our main objective; improving the health and wellbeing of the people of Sheffield. Our not-for-profit status means all our surplus is reinvested in improving our activities and venues to ensure we are here for the communities we serve.
WE CHANGE LIVES
• 7,000 Children on our Learn to Swim programmes.
• 251 Cases of Chronic Heart Disease and Stroke prevented.
• 2,000 attendances from our ‘Plus+One’ initiative.
• 1,500 Sheffielders getting back to health with our Exercise Referral Scheme.
WE BRING COMMUNITIES TOGETHER
• Since 2009, we’ve secured over £5m in grants to support Sheffield.
• Over the last 3 years, we’ve secured over £½ million in funding for 54 local groups & organisations.
• Delivering programmes to 150 residents across the city’s care homes to reduce falls & accidents and improve their quality of life.
WE SUPPORT THE CITY
From low-level improvements to big initiatives that really deliver change, we’ve always valued our part in supporting Sheffield to strive to meet its ambition.
• Improving health with the SIV health fund. Donating £25k to fund children’s education and nutrition.
• Reaching the inactive population. 40% of new sign-ups with SIV are previously inactive. That’s 17,500 of the most inactive
• Our events generate £30m for the local economy, bringing thousands of visitors to our great city and driving